!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Sewing It All: Sewing Memories with my Mother

Sewing and needlecrafts guide with information on sewing, sewing machines, sewing supplies,embroidery, quilting, needlepoint, crochet,knitting and cross-stitch. Learn the basics of each and find out which of these needle arts is right for you.

Wednesday

Sewing Memories with my Mother

What My Mother Taught Me about Sewing:

I'm the person I am today because of my mother. I enjoy needlecrafts and being creative because of my mother. I can remember watching my mother sew and would try to duplicate what she was doing. Even now when I sew or cross stitch, I reflect back to memories I have of my mother, just like it was yesterday. Those were "real moments". Children don't remenber the things you buy them or all the toys they had when they were little but, amazing enough they will remember the times that you shared with them. Memories as little as sitting on a porch with them or baking their favorite treat or sitting and teaching them to sew.

My daughter is a very active little girl. When I sat with her and we sewed butterflies made of felt and decorated them with sequins and glitter, she was so enlighted and enjoyed every minute of it! It was then that I saw the same look her eyes that were in mine when I watched my mother. Wow! It was overwhelming. Its hard to take the time these days to enjoy crafts and even spend time your your children. But, if you can just realize how much it means to them, you will find the time.

What memories do you want your children to have of you once your gone forever from their life?

If you want to learn which needlecrafts would best fit your lifestyle or which would be the easiest to learn with your child, you can go to my site a read about the various needlecrafts available to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home